J. Poulsen Shipping A/S – QHSEP policy
Ensuring safety, quality and environmental protection
In J. Poulsen Shipping A/S we value our responsibility and we are determined to continually improve our performance within safety, quality and environmental protection. To ensure a focused and prioritized process, our company operates a management system after the ISO 9001/IS0 14001/OHSAS 18001 Standards. This way, we believe we build the best terms for the environment, our employees and our business.
Our efforts encompass processes such as creating awareness among employees, identifying potentially critical areas, setting targets for improvements, developing action plans, monitoring preventive and corrective actions, and cooperation with stakeholders.
All this is based on our Policy for Safety, Quality, Health and Environment.
J. Poulsen Shipping A/S acknowledges that its operations can impact safety and the environment. To fully understand and limit adverse consequences, we investigate all relevant aspects of our operations. These aspects are – together with fixed objectives and targets - continually reviewed, monitored and prioritized in a Safety, Quality, Health and Environmental Management Program, in order to ensure an improved performance.
Competence and awareness
We believe that true improvements are achieved through the awareness and competence of our employees. Therefore, we ensure that our employees – onboard as well as ashore – are highly skilled and well trained in terms of safety, quality, health and environmental protection.
It is the policy of J. Poulsen Shipping A/S to prioritize suppliers with ISO 9001/ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 certification. The company encourages all suppliers to operate in a responsible manner, protecting human safety and the environment.
Policy for Safety, Quality, Health and Environment
J. POULSEN SHIPPING A/S is committed to conducting its business with focus on
- A safe and healthy workplace for all employees and service providers
- Protection of the environment and prevention of pollution
- Meeting customer expectations by offering satisfactory service delivery and communication
J. POULSEN SHIPPING A/S is constantly working to ensure continuous improvement in its health, safety, environmental and quality performance. The company demonstrates pro-active leadership by expecting, encouraging and educating all employees to take part in creating a work environment that prevents risk to people, property and the environment.
In order to achieve above, J. POULSEN SHIPPING A/S operates a Safety Management System (SMS) complying with IMO’s International Safety Management Code, legal requirements, other mandatory rules and regulations, as well as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
This system ensures that:
- objectives of health, safety, environment and quality are created, known, addressed in daily operations and reflected upon,
- the personnel know how to perform a certain activity with minimal risk, through specified procedures and instructions,
- all equipment and systems critical for health, safety, environment and quality are maintained,
- prevention, preparation and response to identified risks threatening health, property, environment and service delivery are monitored and improved by defined responsible persons,
- health, safety, environment and quality aspects and actions are communicated to relevant stakeholders.
The J. POULSEN SHIPPING A/S Policy for Health, Safety, Environment and Quality is implemented, maintained and communicated at all levels of the organization, both ashore and onboard the ships.
Copies of this policy are posted on the company website, all relevant vessels and in the office.
Finn J. Poulsen
Managing Director - CEO
J. POULSEN SHIPPING A/S